Colorado DWI Drunk Driving Charges
Molly F. Jansen has distinguished herself as a Colorado DUI Attorney by successfully representing hundreds of persons arrested for Alcohol related offenses.
Our Denver attorneys at the law offices of Jansen and Associates provides an experienced and skilled legal defense to people charged with drunk driving (DUI / DWI / DAI), or driving under the influence. If you have been charged with DUI / DWI / DAI in Colorado, don’t give up your legal rights without consulting with one of our highly skilled Denver area DUI lawyers.
Our criminal defense attorneys can assist you in defending against your DUI charges and we have represented criminal DUI defendants in most counties in Colorado. Because each county has some flexibility in how it enforces the state’s drunk-driving laws, having an attorney experienced in the operations of the county in which you’ve been charged is important and to your advantage. We are familiar with the court systems in Denver County, Boulder County, Adams County, Jefferson County, Douglas County, Broomfield County, Park County, Weld County, Summit County, and Pueblo County.
What is a DUI or DWAI? A DUI is Driving Under the Influence with a breath or blood alcohol content of .08 or higher. A DWAI is Driving While Ability Impaired with a breath or blood alcohol content of .05 to .08.
One of the most frequently asked questions is “Can I fight my DUI or DWAI?”
Simply speaking, yes. I review every aspect of the case, from the reason that you were stopped, to the validity of the field sobriety tests, to the maintenance of the breathalyzer machine, to the validity of the results. I will conduct a thorough review of all the facts and laws regarding your Colorado DUI case.
Another common question is “What is illegal under Colorado DUI/DWAI law?
I have complete knowledge and experience with the Colorado DUI laws that may (or may not) apply to your case. I fully encourage you to call me to discuss any aspect of your case, the Colorado DUI laws, and what I can do to help you with this situation.
Lastly, “Will the Court take into account my past good behavior, my career, and the effect a loss of driving privileges will have on my life?” The answer is yes because sometimes bad things happen to good people, and I will point out these very facts in order to minimize the problems a Colorado DUI or DWAI might have in your life.
- § 42-4-1301 Driving under the Influence
- § 42-4-1301.1. Expressed consent for the taking of blood, breath, urine, or saliva sample – testing
- § 42-4-1301.4. Useful public service – definitions – local programs – assessment of costs
- § 42-4-1302. Stopping of suspect
- § 42-4-1303. Records – prima facie proof
- § 42-4-1304. Samples of blood or other bodily substance – duties of department of public health and environment
- § 42-4-1305. Open alcoholic beverage container – motor vehicle – prohibited
- § 42-4-1306. Interagency task force on drunk driving – creation – repeal
- § 42-4-1307. Penalties for Traffic Offenses Involving Alcohol and Drugs – Repeal
- § 42-2-125. Mandatory revocation of license and permit
- § 42-2-126. Revocation of license based on administrative determination
- § 42-2-126.3. Tampering with an ignition interlock device
- § 42-2-127. Authority to Suspend License – to Deny License – Type of Conviction – Points
- § 42-2-132. Period of suspension or revocation